The Marshall County Career Success Coalition proudly announces the Marshall County Education Summit: Strengthening Our Talent Pipeline, to be held on September 14 from 8 AM to 1 PM at Lindenwood Retreat and Conference Center.
Business, government, education, nonprofit and community leaders are asked to attend. Please RSVP here.
"One of the single most important factors that will impact the future of Marshall County's economy and the prosperity of its residents is the skill level and educational attainment of its workforce. In Marshall County the work has only just begun to strengthen our talent pipeline," says Linda Yoder, Executive Director Marshall County Community Foundation and United Way of Marshall County. "Community leaders coming together to identify strategies for transforming our workforce is key.
The Marshall County Education Summit will strengthen our understanding of the skills needed for the jobs of today and tomorrow, will share results of transformative programs occurring in our communities today and will challenge us to maximize our collaboration and set bold goals to shape our future."
"It's about workforce today, tomorrow and into the future. Can companies find the skills they need here? If not, they simply will look somewhere else when recruiting, planning to expand or locating a new business," says Jerry Chavez, President/CEO of the Marshall County Economic Development Corporation. "This is one program in many that are needed to help Marshall County businesses stay profitable and help raise Marshall County's quality of place."
The agenda for the Marshall County Education Summit includes, but is not limited, to:
- Keynote speaker Teresa Lubbers, IN Commissioner on Higher Education.
- Celebrates designation of Marshall County as a "Career Success County."
- Highlights Marshall County Promise and similar programs designed to strengthen the Marshall County workforce and foster a stronger economic future.
- Begins to explore how to impact workforce development in Marshall County.
- Time set aside for group break-out discussions and networking